Saturday, June 16, 2012

LOTD: Weekend look

Hey MUGs!

As promised I have many more posts to come. I actually didn't plan to post anything today, but I was feeling a little extra creative. I had no plans in mind for my look today and I kind of just went on a whim and used a few things that I haven't used in a very long time. I also have been in love with my NYX Femme lipstick (you can see my review and swatches of the lipsticks here). I actually bought it initially because it's a beautiful and bright red orange color that reminds me of the lipstick my bubbe (grandma) used to wear when I was a little girl. I told her about it last weekend when she was in town for my graduation and she put it on and she loved it!

So here are the pictures:



And here's the ones in the direct sunlight:






Frankly, I would even like this look without the eyeliner on the bottom. I was debating over whether I should put anything on the bottom and finally I just wanted some major eyeliner drama today.

Here's a last closeup:

And a closeup on this LOVELY lipstick! (I don't know why it looks so pink in this picture though)

So here's what I did:
  • Prime up the face with the Monistat Chafing Gel (Marlena has recommended this as a primer; the ingredients are almost identical to a MAC primer)
  • I use the NYX Concealer in a Jar in Fair to cover up any dark circles, acne scars, etc. 
  • I used my hands to just smooth on my Revlon Colorstay foundation in Sand Beige all over my face.
  • I set my face with my ELF Mineral Booster in Sheer with a kabuki.
  • I primed my eyelids with my ELF Mineral eyeshadow primer in Sheer (I always prime my eyelids before doing my eyebrows so I'm doing something productive and letting it dry at the same time)
  • Then I take my HG NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark Brown/Brown and fill in my eyebrows
  • I then set a base for my shadows with the NYX Eyeshadow Base in matte white. This is comparable to the NYX JEP in Milk, and honestly, you get a larger amount in the jar of eyeshadow base for a better price for practically the same product, so I just use that.
  • I patted on the NYX Chrome Eyeshadow in Beanie all over my lid. It's a gorgeous shimmery brown color that looks darker in the jar than it does on the lid. It was rather sheer and shimmery on the lid with a hint of dark purple. 
  • I blended this out with the Loreal Soft Effects shadow in Sable, just around the crease area. I don't know if they still make this shadow. My grandma gave this to me years ago. It's just a single matte shadow and reminds me of MAC Soft Brown. (It's scary that I don't own any MAC but I can't point out the colors...)
  • As a highlight, I used one of my favorite highlight colors which is Bourjois eyeshadow in Beige Rose. This is just a single baked shadow with gorgeous packaging - I'll do a post later on this.
  • I did my top liner with my HG ELF Essentials liquid liner in black. I winged it out a bit. I absolutely adore this liner.
  • Then I lined the waterline and lower lash line with my favorite WetnWild Color Icon eyeliner in Black Black. I set this with the NYX Beanie. 
  • For mascara I used some Revlon Grow Lash mascara I have that I am not a fan of.
  • I contoured my face with my favorite NYX Tango with Bronzer in When Leopard Gets a Tan. For blush, I used an old ELF Essentials blush in Blushing.
  • And finally, I used NYX Round Lipstick in Femme on my lips. 
I know that was a long post :) Thanks for reading through the whole thing! Stay tuned because I've got a lot more to come. I'm so happy to be back blogging with all of you. If you like what I post, please share with others!

Also, any questions, comments, suggestions? Please let me know below in the comments section or on Twitter @jessiefrancaise




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...