Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Guest Post: My Everyday Makeup Routine


Hey I’m Kirsty and I blog over at Prettylittlefashionista and today I’m going to share with you my everyday makeup routine. 

Obviously some days I will do things differently depending on what I’m doing and what the weather is like. Also I don’t use the same eyeshadow colours or lipsticks each day so that will change depending on what mood I’m in. I wear neutral eyeshadow colours most days but which palette and colours I use will change. 


Face:
These are the products I use most days. Some days instead of foundation I will use a BB cream or a tinted moisturiser if it is hotter. The Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation is my favourite drugstore foundation. It gives a great coverage and makes my skin look amazing. The concealer that goes with this is just as good as the foundation. It covers my under eye circles and makes me look more awake.  I use the MUA powder to set my foundation and make it last a bit longer. A new product I’ve discovered is the MUA mosaic blush in English Rose. Being pale I’ve always been a little scared of blushes as I didn’t think they would look right on my skin but this one just adds a light pink glow which I love.

Eyebrows:
I use the MUA eyebrow pencil in blonde to fill in my eyebrows and I then use the MUA clear mascara to set them. I find this combination works really well and both these products aren’t too expensive either.

Eyes:
So today I used the Beauty UK palette in Earth Child. I used the cream colour as a base. I then used the MUA trio in Pink Sorbet and used the lightest shade all over my lid to make a really shimmery eye. I used my ELF eyelash curlers to curl my lashes.  I used the extreme felt eyeliner to do a winged eyeliner look on my top lid and I used the kohl pencil to line my waterline. I then used the Clinique high impact mascara that I got free in Instyle magazine. 

Lips:
I’ve really loved using the Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish and this is what I used on my lips today. It lasts quite a long time so I don’t need to worry about applying it during the day.

Brushes:
I use a variety of ELF brushes as they are really cheap and are pretty good brushes for the price.







I hope you guys enjoyed this post! A big thank you to Kirsty for writing this guest post! 

If any of you are still interested in writing a guest post for me, please contact me at jessiefrancaise[at]gmail[dot]com and we can arrange something :)

I hope you all are doing well! More posts to come! In the meantime, join me on Twitter and Instagram @jessiefrancaise









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...